Sunday, 24 June 2007

Finally feeling inspired!

Having had a bit of a break, with the holiday and the show, I thought it was about time I started to do something with myself and all the things I have learned over the last two years at college. Well, that is easier said than done...

A friend of mine asked me this week if I was interested in sharing a stand at the Patchings Christmas Fair, which is end of November. Yeah, great idea, sounds really good, can't wait! Then I had a reality check and thought about all the things that could go wrong, the first one being, not having anything to sell, which I think you will agree, will be a bit of a major issue! And also that I haven't a clue what I'm doing (but never mind that, I can pick it up as I go along!).

Anyway, 5 months to go, went into a bit of a panic-mode, mainly due to the fact I haven't got a single finished product, I immediately started trying to design some cards, and then got all stressed out 'cos they looked crap, and I got nothing accomplished by the end of the day.


So one pep talk from sister, inspiring chat with friends, and trip to local pottery fair later, I am feeling less like a headless chicken and more chilled about the whole thing. I am promising myself no more rushing things, (as they will look crap anyway, so it will be a waste of time), take my time and experiment with lots of ideas before I even begin to think about having something to sell. AND most of all, to enjoy the process!


See below, this afternoons efforts, playing around with the sewing machine, some watercolour paper and paints and some foxy foxgloves, et voila!!



Which one works the best, would love your comments.



4 comments:

trudesign said...

These are very pretty! If you ever want a web design quote let me know!

Debbie said...

I like the ones on the right side, both top and bottom ones. They are more defined and I like the color patterns.

Rodrigo said...

Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Até mais.

littlemithi said...

Nice! Personally like the two bottom ones. I like the top right the least - not enough difference between the flower and the background.