Sunday, 9 September 2007

Blue skies smiling at me...

The week on the canals in Cheshire was just perfect. We had sunshine which was a rare treat and we had the longest boat EVER!! Well, okay it wan't the longest boat ever, but it felt like it when I tried my hand at steering it (and crashed into the side of the canal!!)
We set sail last Sunday from Anderton Marina in Cheshire and sailed down to Whitchurch through 40 locks, 2 lift bridges, various pubs and some fantastic scenery. I would definitely try it again, but sadly, next time without Jack, our dog, who still hasn't found his sea-legs and got himself nearly squashed by 70 tonnes of steel when he misjudged the canalside and fell in!! And maybe next time I will try steering, but only if it's a smaller boat! If anyone is thinking of trying a holiday on the water I can't recommend it highly enough, everyone is so friendly and full of good advice and the pace is so slow you can really chill out!

Here are a few of my holiday pics just so you can see how long that boat really was...

1st Captain Steve with boating crew Lynn (the Duck Spotter) and Captain Jack (the one on the grass!)
See the sun does shine in England!!

Hole in one yet again, Captain Keeling steers the boat into another lock with deftness and precision!

And that is how long that boat really was!

No comments: