Thursday, 20 September 2007

Getting down to business!

I have been busy this week actually starting to produce some work for my first show in November. I bought my sewing machine after a positive conversation with a very nice man from the Grants Dept at the Council. Hopefully me grant application will be successful!

So after a few trial runs last week, and getting to know my new gorgeous machine, I have started to produce some work. The clock is ticking and I have about 9 weeks to get enough stuff together for my stand.

I thought I would try and look back over my college assignments for some inspiration and came across a Landscape project I did two years ago. The colours here are so beautiful at the moment with all the the cornfield cut or ploughed I thought I would try to capture the rolling countryside and colours in the stitched piece above.

Also I have been going over some flower designs and putting my machine through its paces with different types of threads, very exciting, and I am liking the results, esp with the brown thread, it isn't as stark as the black.

And coming soon, the first sooziebee cards off the production line. Have decided to go for handmade and will get some others digitally printed soon.

2 comments:

Gillian said...

I love that stripey, landscapey piece at the top. Fabulous!

Laura said...

I love the striped one too. It's amazing. I think you should sell them in Argentina.