Thursday, 15 November 2007

Brrrrrrrr!

It's freezing! But it's lovely!

We got up this morning as we were both off work and went down to the river at 8.30am. We had a really heavy frost last night and everything looked magical. There was a mist hanging over the water and the sky was blue! Perfect start to the day. Lots of interestng shapes to inspire me for my work this afternoon.





So after that, I came home and had a very productive afternoon, trying out some new colours and textures, with some lovely terracotta handmade paper I found in my box and brown thread to stitch with instead of black. So although the day started out very wintery and cold with pastel shades of blue and pink, it has ended on a distinctly autumnal note, with my fave colours appearing yet again.

These pieces below have been done to fit a square 230mm frame with a 120mm window. Mounts are arriving soon, just in time for me to finish them, sign them, and pack them, ready for Xmas Market.
I'm sure this time next week I won't be feeling this calm. SEVEN days to go and counting....











2 comments:

claudine hellmuth said...

hey there! thanks for stopping by my blog. to answer your question I do custom artwork commissions, here's the link to the page on my web site click here!

Gillian said...

I love those watercoloury piccies. You're really blossoming with your artwork. It's nice to see.

Wasn't that frost just lovely for a short while. Did you get snow too? Ours didn't hang around unfortunately. That dog photo is my fav.

Take care. xxx