Sunday, 27 January 2008

Mugs and Jugs

Just a few pics of my work, to prove to myself that I actually have done something towards my new project. I'm immersing mysef in basic shapes of kithen things and so far have looked a bit at mugs and jugs. Luckily last night we went to stay with some friends who have the most amazing collection of ceramics, so I took a few photos, I particularly love this mug below. It just makes you want to put the kettle on and cradle in it your hands!!


Which kind of inspired me to draw loads of mugs in all shapes and sizes....

And then there were the jugs... don't be rude now... (by the way don't do a google search for images, I got quite a shock!!)


And this kind of happened....


I think it' so long since I have drawn anything I just need to brush off the old cobwebs and just do loads of sketching, but the problem is at the moment I am just doing so much of thinking about doing it, not much is getting done! OK, I'm off to do something.... will just pop the kettle on first and then... I promise to sketch.

2 comments:

littlemithi said...

Love the overlapping jugs at the bottom - you could SO make a repeating print (think fabric/wallpaper/wrapping paper) out of that!

Gillian said...

That fab lower sketch reminds me of 1950's curtain patterns. I know -you're not old enough to remember....groan ...

Have fun with the kitchenalia. xxx