Thursday, 28 February 2008

Can't get enough of lino baby!

Yes, i have been listening to Barry White on the ipod whilst doing my lino. It's been great today just playing around with my inks and not 'having' to do anything in particular. This print is based on one of my doodles (usually done whilst on the phone!), and which I find kind of soothing to do, just drawing loads of little circles of different sizes and filling up a piece of paper.

Anyway, I digress. I thought I would try this out as a print, which turned into this.....



And then I thought there was too much of the blocks of colour so it turned into this......

2 comments:

littlemithi said...

UUU .... I like them both .... the pebbly things more (the blobs at the beginning) as they work really well as a repeating pattern, like a wallpaper or wrapping paper .... mmmmmmmm

sooziebee said...

Thanks for the feedback Mithi! I am officially addicted to lino, have bought more today, so I can play more next week on my days off and ake more pebbly, blobby things, and I may even try out repeating them and see what they look like