Friday, 23 May 2008

Coming out of the lull








Just a bit of pre-studio experimentation today. I printed some of my statue lino prints onto tissue paper, with really interesting textural finish, and just have been playing around a bit with acrylics and collage papers resulting in these. The first series shows the development of the work from initial layering of papers and then adding layers of acrylics. I found some lovely gold/bronze metallic paint in my box so this has given both of the pieces a burnished effect. Hope you like.

3 comments:

Carl Starling said...

Hi, i've just stumbled across your blog and I think your artwork is beautiful. I love the rustic, vintage feel is has! I notice you're using the same template as me...I am new to blogging, but I can't seem to give my paragraphs line breaks - something I see you can't do either?! Do you know a way of solving this??

http://inspirethestarling.blogspot.com

True Bloom said...

I really like this, its a really interesting mix of materials and techniques - nice work!

littlemithi said...

YOu've sure been busy! Hope you have a great bank holiday monday too ...