Friday, 9 May 2008

Pink elephants on parade (and blue ones)

I have been having fun today experimenting with acrylics instead of printing ink. And with a sponge they work quite well, the colours I used were quite paler ones, but I loved this elephant in pink. I also tried my angel linocut in acrylics to and really like the results. It seems the paint takes to the paper easier than block printing ink does, but you don't get the same vibrancy of colour. Oh well, I'm still learning.






I'm going round in circles a bit with 'sooziebee' this week, maybe because we have had a lot of other things going on as well, but it seems I'm lacking a bit of direction. I want to get on making some new products but am not sure where I want to start. I have boxes ful of fabric paints and acrylics that a friend gave me (and I'm talking BOXES), and I want to get them out and have a go, but I'm not sure what I want to do??? Anyone else ever feel like this?

3 comments:

Karen Faulkner said...

Yes, and when I'm feeling like this I tell myself instead of trying to "make" something to just experiment instead. Going outside (on a nice day) and making a big splashy random mess is a good way to get started!

Jesse said...

I've had a week just like this too.... lots of possiblities, even some free time, but paralysed by choices. Sometimes it helps to take some time off and do something completely unrelated.

As for the acrylics, they are easy to work with. The dead flatness could be interesting, perhaps overprinted with some (waterbased?) varnish or a gloss medium?

littlemithi said...

ALL the time ...

Having just such a month right now ...

Hope your break leaves you re-charged