Friday, 20 June 2008

Busy bee

Today I have finished my first ever wedding stationery commission, so i feel like getting out the champers to celebrate. The commission, which I would love to show you but can't as I want my clients to see it first, is for friends of my sister and they are getting married in September. I was delighted to be asked to do their invitations after they received one of my cards as an engagement card. It just shows how word gets around! Here is a sneaky preview of what they all looked like lined up for the production line this afternoon.



And here are some wee doodles I have been doing to get my hand back in the swing of sketching. I am trying to design some repeat patterns which I can then translate into other things such as gift wrap, cards etc. Still in the early stages as you can see but it is fun to doodle. I picked up a little handmade sketchbook a while back on Etsy, from operationpapercut and I have decided that is going to be my little book of patterns, and I'm going to try and do one a day (i don't think i will ever keep that up, but where would we be without goals?)




This is a design that I used on some Xmas cards last year, just trying it out another way!

1 comment:

Gillian said...

Those are cute. Sketching is good - keeping it up is hard!