Friday, 13 June 2008

Well chilled out!

Hi there peeps, anyone miss me?

I have been away to The Lake District (Cumbria), where I spent many a childhood holiday and have lots of happy memories, land of Beatrix Potter, Peter Rabbit, Kendal Mint Cake and Grasmere Gingerbread, of as well as stunning scenery that would take your breath away. This time though it was for a holiday with a difference, it was a big family do, to celebrate my mum's birthday. I won't give away which it was, because no-one believes it anyway! We have had a fantastic time, with, surprisingly, no rain for the whole week. Most of the clan made it for most of the week and it was a truly excellent holiday. I have come back home with my batteries recharged and am raring to go.

Here are just a few pics from the week. This below is the house where we stayed, near Grasmere. And can you see Bambi in the forefront of the picture? Our resident little dear who kept popping up to see us every now and again! The house was a Victorian 'mansion' set in the stunning Easdale valley which we explored over the course of the week.



Jack, posing near Grasmere lake, not the usual energetic mad thing we all know and love, he has had lots of walks this week and has come back VERY tired. One of the best walks was up Helm Crag which I dragged my hubby up yesterday morning before he dashed off home and I must say the views were worth the effort of the 1 in 3 slope!!


So back to reality now and back to work next week. But after such a great week it makes me thankful I have such a fab family to share special times with. We need to do it again soon.

1 comment:

Karen Faulkner said...

I missed your blogging! This looks like a fabulous location for a family vacation.