Tuesday, 29 July 2008

Angie Lewin


This is a beautiful little note book that my lovely sister little-hb sent me thru the post today, its cover is made of lino prints by Angie Lewin, an artist I really like. Check out her beautiful work here. I love her lino and woodcut prints and they, along with a few other artists work, have inspired me to try my hand at lino printing. (see results below!) This would be the kind of thing I wold love to create. Her eye for form and colour is amazing. Have a flick thru her gallery and you will see what I mean!
I have had a hectic weekend and this is the first chance I have had to blog. It spent with uni friends who we haven't seen for ages. It was lovely to spend a quality weekend with them and their two gorgeous girls, but, you guessed it, Monday came round far too quick and we were back at work before you could say, pour me another glass of vino! Well, I have wangled two days off from work this week, I was only meant to be having one day off, but I have tonnes to do, hope to be spending some of it in the studio printing, but also have a mega batch of chilli to make for this weekend. We are having a little 'do' at our house with some friends and family to celebrate the new studio! Needless to say we have stocked up on the wine, so will be having a tipple or two. Will be sure to post some pics of the event next week.

1 comment:

Jesse said...

I have one too, in yellow and blue. I don't know if I'm going to be able to bring myself to use it...