Sunday, 20 July 2008

Busy weekend at home

Here are a few close-ups of my fabric pictures I have been working on. They are lovely frilly poppies and they are out in full bloom in the garden at the moment, and they translate really well onto fabric. Just wondering about how to apply colour, any ideas???


And here below is THE SOFABED! It was delivered on Thursday and it is FAB! Very comfy ideedy. We slept on it this weekend as we have had my family to stay, so Mam and Dad got our bed, L got the spare room and we spent two nights in the studio, which was a little bit like going camping ie. woken up with the sun rising at about 4am! I've had a lovely weekend, busy but lovely to have everyone to stay.





And this last picture I couldn't help but post, Barney our grumpy but lovable puss, waiting for his tea!

5 comments:

True Bloom said...

Your work is just lovely, sorry don't have any ideas on the colours, but can't wait to see the end result!

Guzzisue said...

other than fabric paints, no suggestions, or maybe just a few hand stitches in red?

Karen Faulkner said...

They are very pretty, I'd imagine them in deep shades of blue and maybe purple!

littlemithi said...

OH MY GOD love the poppies!!!!

Have you though of fabric paints for doing silk/batik stuff? Pebeo make something called 'setasilk' - fabric paint with a watercolour like quality and would really suit your poppies

sooziebee said...

Thanks for the ideas, I'm going to try lots of different options, although at the moment I feel like I don't want to anything o them in case I spoil them, silly aren't I?