Thursday, 24 July 2008

Inspiration and Lino3

Here are a few pictures of my inspiration and work. These are the 'fluffy' poppies I stitched the other day, there are so many out in the garden at the moment in pale pink and purple. They are beautiful but only last a couple of days, but I think that's part of the beauty. It's a great day for sitting in the garden taking it all in, summer has finally come, at last!




Sketch book snaps






Are here are some more of my garden faves, geraniums. They remind me of the Mediterranean, holidays in Greece and Spain, sunshine and terracotta. See below for my simplified interpretation into a lino cut, the third in the series.




1 comment:

Karen Faulkner said...

Cool! I love getting a glimpse into other artists' sketchbooks. The creative process is amazing. You reminded me that I haven't sketched in a while and I'm going to go do that right now.