Friday, 25 July 2008

Lino Project

Voila, my completed lino series inspired by my garden. I have printed them all off this morning to see what they look like together. Maybe they need a bit of tweaking as I think the big flower doesn't it well with the rest of them. Maybe it needs a bit more work?

I bought some brown paper gift tags yesterday to try out some lino prints on them. This one is my fave and it fits perfectly. Maybe I have a new addition to my Etsy shop.

And this sketch below, inspired by an amazingly complicated Euphorbia I drew when I was away a few weeks ago, is going to be the grande finale of the lino series. I think it will take me ages to cut this one, so it may be a while before you see it printed. I will have to be in the zone before I start this one.




3 comments:

Lost In Wonder said...

your lino prints are so nice. I can't believe the perfect edges you get when you carve them. Mine always look so jagged. Plus, I usually jab myself really well at least twice for each lino cut.

Gillian said...

I'm really enjoying seeing your pretty, stylised designs and your work process too. I can see your new studio is inspiring you! x

Jesse said...

I really love all of these designs. They're so beautifully balanced. The tags look great!