Thursday, 10 July 2008

Oh I do like to be beside the seaside

Having grown up near the sea I didn't really appreciate what was on my doorstep while I was there. But now I have lived inland for about 15 years I have to admit I do miss the sea. Today we have been on a little excursion-y day out to North Norfolk, as this was one of the only places in the UK where it wasn't forecast torrential rain! We had originally booked four days of camping but as usual the great British weather put a huge spanner in the works and we decided the way forward was a day out in the sun as opposed to four nights in a rainy windy tent.

So off we went at 7.30 this morning, equipped with waterproofs just in case. We went over to Brancaster, Cley-next-the-sea, Burnham Deepdale and Blakeney and have had a great time. I didn't realise how pretty and unspoilt it is over there and will def be back for another longer visit. There seems to be a wealth of craft shops, galleries and potteries, so there will be lots to see next time.

But for now, I'm back home, pretty exhausted but content, with a glass of vino and about to snuggle up as the next storm rolls in!








1 comment:

Karen Faulkner said...

so picturesque! reminds me of our New England coast.