Tuesday, 26 August 2008

all sketchbooks great and small


ideas for some new work.

I'm trying to sketch a little most days and am filling up my lovely square sketch book with doodles and sketches. I think i have found the perfect size of sketchbook, a hardback chunky 190 page book 0f 140gsm sized paper about 7 inch square, which is great to carry around and whip out whenever you see something that takes your fancy!

I think over the past three years I have tried almost every kind of size and shape in my quest for the perfect 'one', i suppose i have grown to love each one in their own special way, depending on what i used them for and fill them with but this little one purchased from a gorgeous little art shop/gallery in Grasmere just fits with what i'm doing at the mo.

Anyway, ramble over.... things are good here. We have just had a bank holiday weekend so one less day to work this week (yey!) but I'm at work every day so not much time for studio work. I'll post if anything interesting happens....

1 comment:

Jesse said...

I've tagged you, and given you an award! Have a look on my blog for the rules; pass on either or both of the awards, and consider yourself tagged if you want to be.