Sunday, 7 September 2008

Patterns and inspiration

I have been familiarising myself with Photoshop and getting some practice with putting patterns together, after seeing a picture of a lovely glass mosaic vase. Now I don't normally go for geometric things but thought that tiled patterns would be easier to tackle than non-square ones.
Here are the results,




And a squiggly one for good measure, I couldn't resist it. It's been fun.


On a more serious note, we had to take our cat to the vets this weekend, as he has lost a lot of weight and is drinking tonnes of water. We had an idea that his kidneys may be buggered but we also found out that he has thyroid problems too. Add to this the fact that he has arthritis in his back and has trouble cleaning himself.... well, we have a very difficult decision to make. I spent most of yesterday feeling very tearful and wondering what will be the best thing to do. We don't want him to suffer having to go thru blood tests etc, but feel he still has some quality of life at the moment, although he does look quite uncomfortable sometimes. He has had a great life and has been with us for 13 years. Maybe the kinder option would be to take him to the vets soon before he gets too ill, but it just makes me feel like a murderer! It's a very difficult decision to have to make....
Only a week until the closing date for the giveaway, get your inspirational thoughts to me asap, (and if you have any about having your cat put to sleep that will make me feel any better please fell free to post!!)

2 comments:

Karen Faulkner said...

I'm sorry to hear about your cat. I haven't had the experience with cats, but I have had to make the decision twice about putting a dog to sleep. It was heart-wrenching, however both times I knew in my heart it was time and I didn't want to see them suffer. One dog was 13 and the other was only about 7 but had chronic health problems. They will let you know when the quality of life isn't there anymore.

Jesse said...

So sorry to hear about your cat. I haven't been through this, so I don't have any advice to offer, but I wish you strength.