Friday, 24 October 2008

Nottingham Craft Mafia


Its very exciting, Nottingham is getting its very own Craft Mafia, and it has it's very own website, see here which has just been set up. I was invited to a meet and greet in town last night, and even though I'm not usually in love with the idea of going to meet a load of people i have never met before, (and was nearly not going, it was cold, dark and windy... yes I was making excuses!!), I'm soo pleased that I did. I found out a little bit more about the whole organisation and filled in my application form to join. Fingers crossed I will be accepted. There will be a shop located just off Market Square in town, run on a volunteer basis, which sounds great.


Nottingham Craft Mafia is following in the footsteps of the original Craft Mafia founded in Austin, Texas, and I was honoured to be invited along. And I met one of my blog readers, Gillian from Gilflings Designs which was lovely as we have been following each others blogs for a while so felt like we had a lot in common. Also I met Sharon, Helen, (whose jewellery I featured a while ago on here, Alys, Moira, Sue and many more, PlumPudding, (whose name I can't remember, apologies, I think ym brain had reached overload by then!) who makes beautiful childrens toys (so soft and cuddly), Claire from Pinky and Boo, makes beautiful textiles, such as aprons (which I def want!!). She has a blog here where you can access the Pinky and Boo Etsy shop. Take a look...
It was a lovely evening, great to meet like-minded crafty peeps in the area, find out about craft fairs etc, in the run up to Santa, I look forward to meeting those I didn't last night, and seeing the folks I did meet, again.

2 comments:

Gillian said...

Lovely to meet you last night! Yes I had made all the excuses about the weather too, but am so glad I went along. Also loving your sketches from your holiday - I have a thing for lighthouses and am determined to make it to New England some day - one of my dream destinations.

Can i just ask - is that a particualar programme you have used to get the colour samples from your photos - I am amazed by the rock photo - such beautiful colours!

Jesse said...

Very exciting! I love the illustration on the invitation as well. Off to explore the Craft Mafia site...