Tuesday, 4 November 2008

Holiday spends




Tonight I wanted to post some pictures of my canvasses, I was really looking forward to getting home form work and piecing together the stretcher bars I ordered the other day and using my new staple gun to make some of my previously posted free machine work into canvasses. Best laid plans and all that..... most of the fabric was too small for the bars I had ordered and then, two staples in and the new 'birthday present' staple gun broke!!! Bugger!! Much swearing and cursing later, I have ordered a new gun and staples from Amazon and I will have to save my canvas-making evening for another day.
Instead here are some pictures of some things I bought in a little shop in Boston. Its called BlackInk and it was one of those shops where you want to buy lots. This bag is a screen printed design, which says 'bloom where you are planted' (which I loved and it has a wonderful design on both sides. The note book is made by Lizi Boyd Papers, of Vermont, and it just beaut! Check out the website for more Lizi Boyd goodies, esp loving the wrapping paper designs.

4 comments:

Natasha said...

I love that bag. The design and the colour.

Claire said...

Hiya

They're lovely - I love the idea of the "bloom where you are planted" bag. I know exactly what you mean about the best laid plans... my week is ending up a bit like that! Reading your blog makes me realise I met you at the NCM evening although I have a terrible memory for names and places and it all seems a bit of a blur, so hopefully we will meet up again soon at some point!

Claire

Jesse said...

That's a beautiful bag...

Karen Faulkner said...

thanks for putting up a link to BlackInk, it does look like a cool place! It reminds me of the RISD (Rhode Island School of Design) alumni store. "Unexpected necessities", which I'd thought of and trademarked that tagline!