Monday, 3 November 2008

More houses




This is what my little houses look like with some colour, courtesy of my old vintage box of conte coloured pencils. I spent the evening last night 'colouring in' but have loads more ideas for developing this series. Collage, paints, inks, screen prints and lino, to name but a few. It's great feeling inspired again, and working through a project like I used to in college. Being a bit of a perfectionist I do like going through the whole process and explore lots of different media. The part of projects I used to find really difficult was choosing my subject matter (being a Libran, I can never make a quick decision). Once I had done that I was sorted. So, will post over the next few weeks with my Rockport series and show you how its going along. I'm thinking repeat patterns, gift wrap, tea towels, cards..... blah, blah, blah!!

No comments: