Saturday, 22 November 2008

Relief

I've been doing some monoprinting today of the images I have been developing for my girly range. The monoprints turned out ok, I love the quality of line you get with monoprinting and the imprecise undetailed sketchy look of them. But, even better is the relief images left in the ink.... ummmm, think I could do something with this concept.


Another day in the studio where I just couldn't seem to get my head together. Have too much going thru my head about what I want to do. First of all, I was thinking maybe the studio needed a tidy up


but if I do that I'm wasting valuable time, but if I leave it, its just gonna bug me! No win situation! I have stuff all over the place, and have decided that even though we bought the biggest cupboard in the whole wide world, I'm still short of storage space. I'm loving those big wide artists drawers, which would make a great surface for the printer and scanner and loadsa room for all my sketchbooks and paper.... so yes, I'm a bit distracted... and then I go and lose my camera charger, have looked everywhere for it, and cannot find. Should I waste even more time turning the house upside down ot just order a new one from Canon? Maybe I should knock it on the 'ead and call it a day, crack open some wine and watch the X factor!!

2 comments:

Jo Bradford said...

I am sipping red wine and waiting fior X Factor to start myself..... love your new girly work by the way.... and i have added you to my blog roll xx

Karen Faulkner said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who gets distracted...I think some of the technology tools that make art & design work more productive can also distract from the actual process of creating. And I always have to clean my drafting table off before I begin, it's part of the process!