Sunday, 2 November 2008

Rockport house series


Oh dear this looks really small now, I need more practice with Photoshop, I'm crap at it!! I have been playing around all afternoon sketching up my series of twelve or thirteen Rockport houses and scanning them in and colouring them with different palettes, I really wanted to show you, I suppose if you have a magnifying glass handy you can see what I have done!!

As for other stuff, I have taken a load of my stock down to the Craft Mafia shop which opens this Thursday. I will be doing my first 'volly' shift there Friday morning, so will take some pictures to show you. Anyway, now I have hardly any stock left so really need to be getting on with doing some more. I have ordered some stretcher bars to make my own canvasses so will be playing with my new staple gun this week (watch out!!), whilst I attempt to make my own stitched canvas type things. Then I want to look into getting some screen printing done, but haven't a clue where to start. If anyone has any screen print expertise they would like to share with me, I need to know, whether I should buy a starter kit, or get stuff indiviually, also is the ink really expensive? I have been inspired by all the fantastic fabrics in blog land and Etsy, as well as printing books by Lena Corwin and Lotta Jansdotter, and am dying (ha, scuse the pun, only just realised on re-read) to try my hand at it, just another excuse to make some mess....

4 comments:

Karen Faulkner said...

It's fine, if we click on the village we can see it full screen...I could see this with wreaths and trees and lanterns added to become Christmas village!

Natasha said...

I got a speedball starter kit. It has a little of everything so you can have a good bash at different techniques.

http://www.londongraphics.co.uk/acatalog/Online_Catalogue_Screen_Printing_Sets_121.html

I ordered the one for fabric and am still happy playing with it. I also bought some blue and white fabric inks so I could mix more colours. I paid about 25 Euros for 1000ml. It is worth checking out ebay and discount suppliers.

I love the houses.

Jesse said...

The houses look great all in a row like that - the little details are fascinating.

cloud9 said...

I'm a bit of an obsessive on line drawn houses in a row. Cant stop thinking about or sketching them. I absolutely love yours!