Wednesday, 10 December 2008

feeling good

Even though I have no pics to post, I thought I would post just to say, thank goodness for ace hairdressers. When you find a good one, make sure you keep them!

Now as most of you know, I'm not really a girly-girl. I was a bit of a tom boy when I was growing up, more into trainsets, horses, remote control cars, racing my cousins on our bikes, catching tadpoles, riding on tractors, and generally getting my hands dirty, than Cindy-dolls, push chairs and pink things!! And unfortunately this has carried on into my adult life. I hardly ever wear a dress and high heels, and would rather slob around the house in jeans, a baggy jumper and fave pair of slippers than get dressed up in my glad-rags, do my hair and put a bit of slap on for a night out on the town.

BUT, every now and again, I go and splurge on a lovely new haircut and colour by my fab hairdresser Mary (who just KNOWS my hair and always does an ace job) and I come home feeling all girly and nice. I have my works Xmas do this weekend, which I 'kind of' organised (bad planning as this Sat is the X-factor grande finale.... doh!!) but now my hair is all bright and blonded and cut I feel the need to go out and buy a new dress, put on my best high heels and go out for a good old boogie with my gals. We will probably drink FAR too much wine and make complete fool of ourselves on the dance floor, but I have a feeling we are going to have lots of fun. Bring on the hangover Sunday morning..............

No comments: