Thursday, 8 January 2009

Cold landscape



This is how my landscape textile piece is coming along, inspired by the Northumberland countryside. I'm hoping to make it into a framed or mounted-on-canvas finished article soon and have spent today in the studio working on it. It still needs a bit of work, as usual Im not 100%happy with it, the sky is looking a bit sparse, but then I think if I stitched into it anymore I'd be losing the watercoloury pale lightness of it (does that make sense to anyone else??) I wanted to try and reflect the moodiness of winter, with pale skies..... ummmm..... any ideas anyone?
I wanted to try and finish this today so I can get on with making my New Years List of Projects for sooziebee for 2009. I'm determined to be more focussed but even as I type this my head is whirling with 'what shall I do?'. I can never make up my mind what to do first........

1 comment:

Karen Faulkner said...

I think a lot of creative people are that way...so many ideas whirling around it's hard to stay with just one. Yesterday I had so many things in mind I wanted to do, and the day just flew by. I wish I could see the texture of this piece in person! The sky does remind me of watercolor.