Monday, 5 January 2009

Happy New Year

Well, hello there!! And Happy New Year to y'all. Hope you all had a great time, I have missed blogging but it has been nice to have a computer break. I have had a fantastic festive period and have spent a lot of time with my family, chatting, eating, drinking, cooking, laughing and generally having a good old time. I can't believe how fast it has gone, and here we are in a brand new year, full of possibilities. Bring it on!

Now I never make resolutions, too much pressure and mostly I don't stick to them for long, which makes me feel crap (which is the main reason I don't do diets!) so this year, my sister and I have decided to make a list of things we want to do. I know it sounds like New Years Resolutions, but it isn't, its New Years Aspirations (less pressure you see, more positive slant on the whole thing) so its a win-win situation, plus the list is quite long, so hopefully by the end of the year lots of things will be ticked off. I won't bore you with all of the details, as I haven't finished it yet. But I promise to share some with you as the year goes on.

So, what about 2008? It was a pretty good year, no complaints. We have had an amazing holiday to the States, which had given me lots of inspiration for my work, my studio was born and I hope to spend more time in there in 09, I got some of my work published (although haven't seen the book in real life yet), did my first sooziebee commission, joined the Nottingham Craft Mafia, and got my work into a real shop, have met lots of lovely people in blog-land and in the local area, and feel like I know a bit more about what I want from my business. Watch this space....

As for my life outside of my art and aspiring little sooziebee business I feel a lot more grounded, and have finally started to accept certain things in life that I have spent the last few years trying to make happen, and I've started to be able to say 'what will be, will be' and to mean it, and now I can say I am a much happier person.

So here's to 2009, and it being a good one......

2 comments:

Karen Faulkner said...

I am really looking forward to seeing all the new work from my fellow Etsy bloggers in 2009. It seems like everyone is very optimistic, energized, and ready for some new creative challenges.

gilflingsdesigns said...

Happy new year to you!! Sounds like you had a cracking time over the holidays and are all geared up for a wonderful year! A new year is a great excuse to get focussed. Hope to see you soon. x