Wednesday, 14 January 2009

'Hearted out'


I think I've done the hearts thing to death now (not a very romantic notion I know, but there are only so many hearts a girl can handle in one week!) so I have tied up the loose ends of my Valentine Range today, I ended up with 15 designs all told, but I am not sure if I have the stamina to list them all on Etsy today. I also had the pain-in-ass job of counting my stock of blank cards as I have run out of polythene wrappers, so put an order in (my least fave studio job as its so boring I end up losing my concentration and having to count everything three times!). I did do a bit of painting but I now feel like every piece looks the same so I'm giving up for the day now and may do some yoga to soothe my aching legs after my run this morning.

The lovely Karen from Karen Faulkner Art has put an idea into my head about my watercolour hearts, and I think I am going to list some originals on Etsy and see if they sell. I really admire Karens watercolours, the colours are so vibrant and the simplicity of her art is stunning, check out her blog and her Etsy shop and you will see what I mean. If I have a tiny bit of the success Karen has had with her watercolours I will be extremely pleased. Thanks for the idea Karen, just not sure when I will get around to listing them!!

1 comment:

Karen Faulkner said...

They look great! I know what you mean about the listing and all, I'm pretty sure I spend as much time scanning, uploading, cropping, listing, relisting as painting! Thanks for the mention.