Monday, 2 February 2009

Remember the houses?

I don't think I have posted this card design before, but I had to share it with you as it JUST SOLD ON ETSY!!!! Woo Hoo!!!
It has brightened up an otherwise 'pants' kind of day, where I left the house at 7.45am, in partial snow, and got back home, through +++ snow, at 9pm this evening!! Before you think I'm being a big bah-humbug about the snow, yes, I love the stuff, but just not on a work day, when you live 20 miles away from where you work!
But, hey, I sold another card, so who cares about the snow!!!

4 comments:

jess gonacha said...

big congrats!! it's gorgeous!

kitty stitch said...

well done, thats great, this card is lovely. well done for making it to work too!

Gillian said...

This is just gorgeous. There's something satisfying and comforting about house pictures. Well done for the sales too!
Re your query about vectors - I use Corel Draw, which is cheaper and, I think, easier to learn than Illustrator. For a pro artist like yourself, probably Illustrator would be good. There is a free programme on the internet, I believe, called Inkscape - and that would be a good way to try out the system.
Yes, every illustration is created from scratch, but the joy with vectors is that they're infinitely resizable without loss of quality.
Hope you try it! xx

Dee Beale said...

I love these little houses, and the colour palette you've used also congratulations on your etsy sale hope it's the first of many.