Saturday, 28 March 2009

Meet the Girls (and stuff)



For Christmas my Dad gave my Mum six hens... what a fab present. Last week when I was up there I sat sketching them one morning when I had the house to myself. I have been developing them this afternoon, all cosied up in the studio, wind howling outside, balck clouds racing across the sky. What an ideal way to spend an afternoon at the near-end of a wonderful two week holiday from work. I was that relaxed I even gave in to temptation and curled up on the sofa-bed myself and had an afternoon nap!!

One thing I wanted to ask you all who read, and please let me know what you think. Now, I'm starting to have a few reservations about posting as much of my work on this blog. I'm not sure why, as I love sharing what I have been up to and getting feedback from those kind enough to comment. BUT.... the other day I was a-browsing the old www and came across an image that had a remarkable resemblance to something I posted about two years ago. Now, call me paranoid but my initial thought was.........that looks like mine. I know that certain subject matter gets done and redone, and that two people can have very similar tastes, styles and interpretations of things, but you can't help thinking about the 'bad people' who wouldn't think twice about helping themselves to your images. You post them on your blog with the best faith and intentions, in the hope that no-one will steal your ideas.......... is it just me?? Am I being paranoid, or should I jut be encouraged that someone with a very similar style has been publised by a very well know brand?

2 comments:

Karen Faulkner said...

These are fabulous!! Love them!
I share your woes about occasionally seeing work that is suspiciously similar. It is definitely a drawback to internet posting and Etsy selling. For now, I've decided the exposure to potential customers is worth the risk, but it certainly is frustrating.

Jesse said...

I think the only thing to do is keep making more and more work! It might just have been a coincidence, it might well have been someone copying... there's really no way to know for sure. But if you keep bringing out more work that's completely yours, you'll always be way ahead of anyone copying.