Monday, 30 March 2009

Sketch book peek

I have always admired 'bird' work by other artists but didn't ever think that I would ever want to draw one myself! After a session with the chickens on the farm I seem to have changed my mind and can't stop doodling the little blighters! All shapes and sizes, they just seem to be coming to life before my eyes. I think this is what they call being inspired by something quite unexpected!

Watch this space for the cards soming soon, and if anyone can think of a fab 'bird related' name for my range you can have your pick of one of the finished cards. I initally thought 'Chic and Cheerful' but then had second thoughts, a bit too twee and obvious.... really, any ideas would be gratefully received from you creative bloggers out there!

3 comments:

Karen Faulkner said...

let me give this some thought...

kitty stitch said...

love these drawings. what about tweetie pie!?

jennyflower said...

Hen, from my pen
fancy bantams
A-doodle-do
Chicken lickin good
Little Fred Hen
Fair means and fowl

Hmmm, shall I stop now?