Tuesday, 21 April 2009

Flutterbys



is what I used to call them when I was a wee girl..... and here are some I made earlier. Don't know what they are going to be when they grow up as I'm a bit short of inspiration at the moment if you hadn't guessed, hence lack of blog posts of late.
So, what I need from you my friends in blog-land is a creativity kick-start ready for my day off on Thursday. Ideas, methods, things to do to get the old brain cells into gear please!!
I'm a bit frustrated as I just don't seem to be spending as much time as I would like to creating new work. I know that as designers/artists/whatever you want to call us, we put ourselves under immense pressure to perform, (which is what I think I am doing at the mo), and which is, in itself, counter-productive! Life just does take up all of your time sometimes, and that is just the way it is, BUT I do find that when I know I want to be in my studio working, I just seem to be finding a zillion other things to do. I'm sure I have posted on this topic before, and you came to my rescue, with ideas such as time-plans etc, which were very helpful. Maybe instead of having a moan on here, I should just go back and read my old post, and then make a little plan for Thursday!!
Wish me luck.... x

2 comments:

Karen Faulkner said...

Don't be too hard on yourself for not having a plan for Thursday yet; I'm still trying to figure out mine for today! I think it may have something to do with orange. Lovely flutterbys.

gilflingsdesigns said...

Sue the weather is sooo gorgous how about just getting out for a big ol long walk and taking a zillion photos - micro/macro - seeing the details and just being inspired!! It's great as in our line of work - even that is still classed as 'work'!!! (and yep I should take some of my own advice...)

Loving the butterflies, can imagine them with your wonderful machine stitching too. Have a great day!