Monday, 6 April 2009

Harrogate British Craft Trade Fair

WOWSER, the fair was fantastic. My sister got lots of contacts for her business and I just wandered around thinking OMG, some of this stuff is amazing!! Don't think I will ever have the guts to do the show myself, as I was so in awe of the amazing designers who were exhibiting there.

Some to check out Helaina Sharpleys fantastic wirework pieces, like nothing I have ever seen before. Her work was just lovely, like 3D line drawings but made of wire. Hollie Browns artwork and prints, once again fantastic. A local lady whose work I have seen and admired before, Janie Withers, who has a lovely selection of embroidered textiles. The gorgeous pictures and prints by Amanda Ross, which are stunning and I jus waned to buy them all. I could go on and on. Unfortunatley I haven't added any images as I thought it a bit naughty to just stick them straight on my blog, but check out their websites. We chatted to lots of loevly people who were very friendly and it was, all in all, a very good day out.

As for me, I had a motivational pep talk from my sister about my work, and I was very encouraged to see work similar to mine, which was obviously selling well, which shows that given the right platform I could make a go of this in the real world! There was quite a bit of stitched work too, so I just need to knuckle down this year and focus on my 'ranges' of products and get out there and make it happen.

.

1 comment:

Karen Faulkner said...

Maybe I missed this somehow in earlier posts, but what is your sister's business? Is she an artist/designer?