Friday, 1 May 2009

a step further

I am spending my time this week working on this series of bird drawings. I'm quite liking how they are turning out and as I said yesterday I have been very encouraged by the comments that people have left. Even my husband said yesterday (in a surprised tone) 'they look really professional! Wow, I nearly fell off my chair!

So, I want to take them a step further and try to get some framed and sold. BUT (thinking our loud now so bear with me...) I am just wondering whether:

(1) they are commercial enough
(2) black and white vs colour.
(3) print vs original

Maybe I should just give colour a try and see how it looks. Personally I like the black and white but I am wondering whether people want some colour. I'm off to try some more experiments... let me know your thoughts please.

2 comments:

Jeanette said...

Well, just to be awkward. I like black and white, but I think I'd like to see them in colour too...maybe not loads of colour just an accent colour or two?

Karen Faulkner said...

Yes to all. Yes they deinitely look professional and commercial, definitely yes to the black and white, would be interesting to see them in colors (maybe cobalt blue or even red?) as well, yes to prints because they would reproduce very nicely because of the clean lines. Is that a long enought sentence? Good, you've got enough to keep you busy for awhile. I'll be away this weekend and will look forward to seeing how this progresses!