Thursday, 25 June 2009

photography in the garden





oooh, its a beautiful day, the sun is shining and I am off work for the day, and boy was I ready for a day off! I have been out with the dog first thing for a relaxing walk along the river and have spent the rest of the day making the most of the sunshine and photographing the remaining bird pictures to post on Etsy and Folksy. Todays postings can be found here and here
So now I am rather pleased with myself, and the fact I haven't spent the whole day procrastinating (one of my fave 'day-off' bad habits) and have actually done something constructive.
After a few weeks of feeling very demotivated, tired and stressed (caused in whole by the day job, I will add) I am now feeling a bit more back on track, with renewed enthusiasm. One of the posts I have read recently from Wendren at The Wren Design has contributed to my upswing I think, have a read, in fact have a read of the whole blog, its very inspirational. It made me think about how far I have come in the past few years, and instead of beating myself up for all the things I haven't done, or haven't had time to do, I should be giving myself a pat on the back for all the things I HAVE done.

2 comments:

Karen Faulkner said...

You have made beautiful and very diverse art this year! You definitely deserve a pat on the back. I've been beating myself up a bit for not making enough time for painting lately, which I know is silly. Sometimes other stuff has to take priority. I'm going to read that Wren Design blog post!

Wendren said...

This is such a truthful blog post. I am glad I was able to inspire you a bit and help with the upswing mood but I must admit, I know only too well how the procrastination 'day-offs' go. Some days it just feels like too much energy for too little 'now' return.

Thanks for popping by my blog.