Tuesday, 14 July 2009

calling all readers...


I just need your help with some ideas for my Nottingham Craft Mafia Team 'Propaganda' meeting tomorrow night. A bit late I know, but organisation at the moment is a bit thin on the ground. Okay, I will share with you a little of what our team is and what we are trying to do. The Craft Mafia in Nottingham has been on the go for nearly a year and we have been working lots on getting involved with events and organising our lovely shop etc. We decided to split into teams, shop team, events team and a kind of promotional/online/marketing/PR kind of team (all the above words we didn't like so decided on 'Propaganda, which we all kind of like.
So our aims are to raise the profile on NCM on land and online by spreading the word and getting recognised as a quality organisation for art/craft/design in the Midlands. Our team had an impromptu meeting a few weeks ago, came up with lots of great ideas, such as press packs, ideas for our blog and how to raise our profile in the area and with other UK Craft Mafias.
What I would like you to do, dear readers, is just help me out with any business links, marketing tips, blog posts, ideas, how-to's etc, that you can, which I can incorporate into my little pack. One example, we may have the opportunity to exhibit at a local outlet, but I haven't a clue on how to go about getting an exhibition together, not a clue where to start, although the prospect of getting involved with something like this is VERY exciting. So if anyone has any tips they can share I would be soooo pleased to hear from you.
watch this space, for how we get on....
By the way, as you can see from my picture for this post, I haven't been spending any time in the studio lately. hopefully I will have some new work and maybe some news to share in a week or so, I don't want to spill the beans in case I jinx things..... ooh, the suspense!!

3 comments:

Jesse said...

Ooh, very exciting! I don't have anything useful to offer, though... except that I know making lots of lists is very important for exhibitions. Lists of what you'd need for display, what the venue has, how much stuff each person will show (not how much stuff they hope to show)...

KtShortcake said...

Hi Soozie, How about organinsing a NCM event, could be a fair in Market square, a day of craft tasters or a giant craft collaboration to create a piece for public display? It's nice to do it away from the usual haunts as you'll attract new customers. Advertise via radio interviews and local newspapers and posters in local shops in the different areas of nottingham etc. I missed the applications as my email wasn't working so I didn't send the extra pics they asked for :( I'll try again next time!!! Kt-x

stephanie levy said...

Good luck with your many projects! I spread a little "blog love" this week and mentioned sooziebee! Thanks for your sweet post!

http://stephanielevy.blogspot.com/2009/07/blog-love-x-10-part-ii.html