Thursday, 23 July 2009

Debbie Bryan's Shop





I just wanted to share with you some photos I took today of Debbie Bryan's exciting new shop space in the Lace Market in Nottingham. I mentioned meeting Debbie a few weeks ago, when my sister and I called in to her gorgeous shop to have a peek, and today I had the pleasure of a second meeting to discuss some collaborative work in the very near future. It's all very exciting indeedy but I won't say too much just yet as I don't want to jinx it.
Here are some of the beautiful items Debbie has for sale, all sourced from local artists and designers and handpicked by Debbie herself. As well as being a shop, there is also an extensive range of events being held here, from taster workshop evenings and day workshops with the talented artists Debbie works with, to Button Nights, where you are invited to bring along an item of clothing you want to jazz up and accessorize with the one-off original resin buttons that Debbie makes herself. There is also a book launch coming soon for Lucy Renshaw all about 'Mixed Media and Found Materials'. I'm looking forward very much to seeing how this develops and grows. It's all great for the independent craft scene in Nottingham.

You can find out more about Debbie and the other artists she works with by checking out her website here

No comments: