Saturday, 29 August 2009

bird variation

I have just read a blog post by a fellow Craft Mafia friend, about feeling directionless and not having enough time to get ideas developed and resolved, and I can wholeheartedly say that this sums up how i feel at the moment. I just seem to be jumping round from one thing to the next, reworking old ideas, looking thru old sketchbooks, trying to decide what to do next, and then when i do decide i then spend the whole time wondering how to start.... bleurgghh, i can't stand feeling like this... Today i finally get to sit down in the studio, and what do I do? procrastinate!! My two new ventures, fruit+veg and buildings are going nowhere fast at the moment, I have thought about them a while and just haven't had time to put pen to paper. Maybe when you feel like this it's time to pack up, lock the door and go and read a book ar watch a film, or maybe just have a little afternoon nap!! hmmm, now that sounds good.... back soon x

1 comment:

Petal Textiles said...

Oh dear, I really hope the nap has helped. But I agree that some days its not meant to be.

I am sure the new stuff will be fantastic and I can't wait to see it. And remember there is always more room in the world for birds. (I love the bird pieces!)

I think sometimes we can be too precious, especially when starting things and want everything to be fantastic, when I think sometimes you just need to go for it and good stuff will come. Try doing stuff you enjoy rather than thinkin new ranges etc.. This advice is from the woman who has spent to day cleaning the house and on facebook as I have no idea where to begin.

I'm sure we will get there in the end!