Monday, 10 August 2009

the studio, on year on



I can't believe my studio has been finished a year now! I was starting to worry that I would have to be singing happy 1st birthday to the blank, pictureless walls, but today we finally put up some pictures, (not as many as I wanted due to lack of nails, but hey, it's a start). I wanted a hap-hazard kind of jumble of lots of shapes and sizes of frames and pics, but as you can see my tap-measure-wielding, symmetry-obsessed husband influenced proceedings somewhat. Never mind, when he gets some more nails, I'm stealing the hammer and am going to make a few additions to the wallspace myself!!!

2 comments:

Gillian said...

Happy 1st birthday to the Soozio! It looks much too comfortable to work in.
Another one here who's always changing, moving on, or revisiting old works. I think it's healthy and it keeps things fresh. That's my excuse anyway. ^_~
One idea for your walls that you may not have considered - how about a picture shelf? Like a plate shelf with a groove, for standing framed pictures on. You can then move them and change them whenever you like - and no nail holes!
See you soon. x

littlemithi said...

Happy studio-versary!

Haven't been here in a while as life and wedding took over ... looks like you're doing REAL well ... ;)