Wednesday, 30 September 2009

Butter wouldn't melt...

Or so it appears... getting used to a new dog is a bit of a strange old thing... i thought I would immediately be madly in love with our new dog, but it just hasn't quite happened yet... although I'm sure it will. She is slowly weedling her way into my heart!! Apart from not liking sleeping on her own and trying to run away when she was let off her lead, she's behaving herself quite nicely (she must know that she's treading a fine line at the moment!!). She has learned her new name, learned how to sit, and gets in her bed when she wants a sleep, apart from at night-time. We tried putting her in the kitchen the other night and she didn't like it one little bit, and neary woke the whole county with her howling and barking. So, she ended up back upstairs with us, and we are slowy trying to move her downstairs. Watch this space... Tomorrow we are off to The Lakes for a couple of days... yes... I am being whisked away for my birthday and wedding anniversary to the place where we got wed. Can't wait.... oh and before you think we are deserting our new pup, she is being left in the capable hands of my auntie, who has kindly come to baby-sit!!






1 comment:

Poirier Family said...

She is so cute in her bed. Our dogs bed is right on myside on the floor. I would let her sleep with us but my husband doesn't like the idea at all. :O(