Sunday, 20 September 2009

ideas, ideas, ideas

This is a peek at some of my development material for my buildings project i started last week. At the moment things are still in the baby stages, but I'm really really enjoying being back in the studio and working again. I have spent probably about 10 hours over the weekend on my work, which makes such a refreshing change. I've def got my mojo back!!

I have decided to 'up' the scale of my work and try to go a bit bigger. This is approx a3 in size, maybe a bit bigger, and it consists of lots of layered papers, envelopes, dictionary pages, music sheets, etc which I painted over and then gelled to give it a flexible feel, and I have built up layers of burnt umber and gold. It sounds gross, but it has ended up really textured and anttique looking, which I think will go with the old buildings.


In parts you can see the paper underneath the paint, which just gives an added dimension.




It isn't finished yet. But I have run out of weekend. Just off for supper and a bath now. Hope this week is as productive....

3 comments:

Karen Faulkner said...

I love it!!!

sea-blue-sky & abstracts said...

Your building project looks great and I'm looking forward to seeing the end result. Like your 'birdies' too! Best wishes. Lesley

Elizabeth said...

Just found your blog and this piece has totally intrigued me. Just have to read more to find out how you work and what your work is all about. Thank you and have a great weekend.