Tuesday, 22 September 2009

upsizing

This piece is the biggestbird picture I have done up to now. I decided to try to 'upsize' after feedback from a colleague, and it's constructive criticism that like that makes me appreciate contact with other artists and people 'in the business'. It helps keep your work fresh and makes you take a step back and look at it from a new angle. It's so difficult sometimes to be able to be objective about your work as you are so personally involved with it, but opinions from others can really help, giving ideas about how you can change and improve.

2 comments:

Ruth O'Leary said...

I really like it!

Gillian said...

Lovely detailing in this. I'm a natural 'small works' kinda woman so I'm interested to know that you're trying to upsize. Maybe I'm a miniaturist at heart. LOL.
Hope you're well - good to see that your mojo hath returned. x