Thursday, 31 December 2009

lists and stuff



Well I know my posts have been a bit scarce recently due to all the comings and goings of the festive period. We have had a busy one so are looking to have a quiet New Year just chilling out.
After Christmas I had a look over my 'list of things to do' that I made this time last year and I'm pleased to say I have done over half of them so its now time to make my list for 2010. I like the idea of a list instead of resolutions, I think I said the same thing last year. So, I'll not bore you with the details of my list, there are a few things on there that I have carried over that I didnt manage to do, like flying a kite and doing something for charity, but there are also quite a few 'sooziebee' items, of things I want to do with my business.
I have started re-reading a couple of craft business books, Craft Inc by Meg Mateo Ilasco and also Craft and Art, The Business by Elizabeth White, which are both fantastic books for getting your head around things you need to do. I have even started re-writing a business plan, and listing (lists again....) the things I need to do to give my business some 'oomf'!! After a few months of feeling like things were going nowhere I seem to have regained some of my enthusiasm and drive to want to start and make things happen!! Yey!!
Another book I wanted to tell you about is The Creative License by Danny Gregory which I have just bought for myself. It had some fab reviews on Amazon so I thought this would be just what I needed to get creative for the start of the New Year. Watch this space and I will let you know what it's like...
And before I sign off my last post of 2009, I just want to wish you all a peaceful, healthy and prosperous New Year, thanks once again for reading, seeya next year xoxox

3 comments:

Ruth O'Leary said...

Thanks for the recommendations for the business for crafts books - that's something I struggle with, so I'll be sure to check them out.

Have a fantastic new year, and I wish you every success for your new projects.

Karen Faulkner said...

Happy New Year! I'm going to check out that book right now.

littlemithi said...

happy Nu Year Soozie ... wishing you much happiness and success in 2010. Enjoy the book - its the thing that lead me get back into art - and is mentioned in my very firt planetmithi blogpost back in 2006! http://planetmithi.blogspot.com/2006/09/beginning.html

Interestingly, I got another copy of it as a wedding present this year :)