Monday, 18 January 2010

furry frustrations

lunchtime, quick five min sketches, just from a magazine I had on my desk, feeling a little frustrated.... wish i had more time today to draw, and feeling like my sketchbook is becoming vey monotone, with lots of white space. I suppose this is natural, maybe i need to add some colour sometime soon. i hope this isn't getting too boring for you. If anyone wants to post me a challenge, please feel free!!

It's now two weeks in to my new sketchbook and on the whole I am liking how it's turning out. I feel as though I need to spread my wings a little this week, maybe work on some collage, or with some other media....?

3 comments:

Karen Faulkner said...

Love the one on top! Can you do goats?

Petal Textiles said...

Big fan of badgers, so loving this. Really like pen drawings too. Perhaps you could start to use different mediums, at colleage I used to draw with a sharpened stick and quick ink!! Try not to feel frustrated, I think you are producing loads of great work.

Jo Faulkner said...

these are great, im really intrested in drawing animals, i love that cow!

i really like the cross hatching too, maybe try some continuous line drawings of chickens or deer, i did a few recently, il post them up soon, im still pretty new!
keep up the great textiles!