Sunday, 3 January 2010

My new creative journal...



Ta Dahhhh.... I started this yesterday and did my first drawing, of my little Canon Sureshot, and I'm pleased (and relieved) to say I can still draw. It just seems so long since I have picked up a pen and sat down and looked at something and drawn it, that I was wondering whether I could still do it, but like they say it's like riding a bike (just without the chafing!!) I'm pleased to say that you could tell what it was by the time I had finished. The book I have chosen is a beautiful square (approx 10x10inch) hardbacked 160gsm cartridge paper book which I bought from the Heaton Cooper Studio Shop in Grasmere. I have had one of these before in a smaller format and loved the paper. Also if any of you are in the vicinity of Grasmere, this is a fab art shop to visit.

It will be interesting to see how my drawings evolve during this journal. I am making a conscious effort to do at least one drawing a day, maybe with some text too. At the moment it all seems bright and shiny and new, and I still feel like I don't want to spoil the pristine pages, but hopefully soon I will feel at home, make a few mistakes, and spread out and make it mine.... Ooh, the endless possibilities....

As you may know I have a bit of a sketchbook obsession, so if you do fancy having a peek into someone elses sketchbook, check out Andrea Josephs Sketchblog, it's AMAZING!! This is something I aspire to!!

1 comment:

PICCALILY & BLOSSOM said...

I am quite inspired....I have already had to order the aforementioned 'Creative License' book. I think you have a real eye for a god blog, Andrea's work is fanatstic. I am sure I will follow her work from now on too.

have fun adding to your sketch book.

:)