Friday, 12 March 2010

cooking on gas


my goodness, if i didn't know any better i'd say someone has slipped something into my morning cuppa tea!! I was up with the larks this morning and out walking my dog at 7am (what?? this is not usual behaviour for me i promise!!). Once that was done, washing in the washer, breakfast eaten I went up to the studio and have been having a very productive morning, thanks to my new to-do list...
One of my tasks was to try and introduce some colour into my illustrated bird range. I have been meaning to do this for a while, to try and develop the range and bring something new to it. The answer.... my birthday watercolour set, a beautiful wooden box full to the brim with gorgeous tubes of paint in all my favourite colours (courtesy of my darling husband). SO ideas are pouring forth onto my new watercolour pages (courtesy of my lovely sister) and I'm really feeling like I am getting somewhere. These two pictures above are my first attempt, you get the general idea, i think I need to go experiment some more...
OOH, i also got three new books thru the post today from Amazon, another Danny Gregory nd two textile books, will share more next week...

1 comment:

Design Engine said...

loving the use of colour Sue. It adds another dimension to the prints. Looking good.

Heather
x