Friday, 5 March 2010

new teapot composition - work in progress



My studio time yesterday was spent on some new work. I think now spring is in the air and I have had a holiday I feel so much more positive about life in general as well as about my work. So here are a few pictures of my newest 'tea-themed' work.
Last night I went to a local event which was put on by The Creative Greenhouse. This is a fab group which I joined a couple of years ago and there are lots of members with a variety of backgrounds but all working in the creative field. It was great to meet new people and get to find out about what's going on in the area, and also to chat to people who have the same questions, concerns and goals as myself. As well as all the chatting, tea and cake, we had a presentation on '50 cheap or free things you can do to promote your business' which was really useful. I'll tell you about some of the tips I picked up over the next few weeks in the hope that my blog will become more useful and informative (and not just a 'what I've been up to in my life' diary).
The first one was a simple one, which a lot of you proabably do already, but one I have been meaning to start but never have had the time... the mailing list!! Apparently if you don't have one you should get one!! I recently got together a list of contacts from my sales over the past few years so my mailing list is now on my 'to-do' list.
How many other people use mailing lists and do you find them useful/leading to sales/positive/negative. Would love to hear your comments on this...

1 comment:

gillianleesmith said...

Yaaay I can finally comment on your blog!

Looks like you have been busy in the studio and the textile pieces look great.

PS - I have a new blog - tis http://gillianleesmith.wordpress.com/

Hopefully catch up soon