Monday, 31 May 2010

days away



near richmond in yorkshire in my caravan for the bank holiday weekend. We eventually found a site and got there Friday, we have had a relaxing weekend and were next to the most beautiful woods, I have never seen so much wild garlic in one place in my life!!
As for other stuff, have created two new textile pieces which I'll show you tomorrow. Also had my first Nottinghamshire Creative Day on Friday, which was good. It was great to get to know a lovely group of people. There is a huge mixture of disciplines and experience, and as usual I felt the least experienced and least creative person there!! I really need to start 'bigging myself up' as they say and have some confidence in myself and my work.... I got on the course for a start so I can't be THAT bad!! I must admit, I did feel a bit in awe of everyone elses work, but I suppose that's normal (isn't it?). We spent our first day breaking the ice, and getting to know each other. We did have to talk about our work in the afternoon, which I always find difficult, I made a bit of a mess of it due to nerves (I hve had a fear of public speaking since I was at school, they say it gets easier with age, but I just am abviously not old enough yet!!!!) and when I had finished I realised there was so much more I wanted to say. Hopefully that is one thing I will overcome on this course. I really need to think about what inspires me and where I want my work to take me... lots of things to think about...

No comments: