Thursday, 20 May 2010

satisfied



cor blimey mrs, I've been busy today. I knew I wanted to make the most of my time so I stuck to my to-do list and got quite a bit done and now have two new textile landscapes ready for framing. I started off painting the fabric so I knew what the general layout would be, and also to give me some background colour to fill the spaces between the fibres. So these two pics above are what i started out with...

I had a bit of an experiment, inspired by the tulip fields I've seen in Holland on Tv recently (the bright backgrounds in the pic above, but I haven't done anything with them yet as i haven't got any relly bright wools to use. Will make sure I look out for some as the ideas I have for these can't go ignored!!

And here are some close-ups of my final pieces, both 'heathery' themed, as I wanted to use the new wool I have recently acquired.


I would love it if anyone could think of some names for these two pieces, I'm that tired aftr my day in the studio that I need to get off out for a dog-walk to the pub and have a nice pub-grub-tea and a pint of cider!!


Answers for names for my pics on a postcard!!




No comments: