Friday, 21 May 2010

something in the middle



one of the things i learned at a recent 'pricing' seminar was to have a good range of prices across your products. So with this in mind, and also the fact that I'm moving some of my work around to new places this summer to expand my audience, I decided to develop the 'bird illustration range' and provide my customers with more low-mid cost products.
My original illustrations are the pricier options, (they are all framed and mounted professionally), with limited edition prints and cards at the lower end, but now I have something that fits in the middle.... limited edition prints on top quality aquarelle paper (so they look and feel like the originals) and they are also framed, but not with custom-made frames (this all keeps the cost down, which I think is what people want at the mo)
This has been quite a good way of looking at how I can use what I already have to increase my 'sell-ability' and appeal to a wider audience in tough economic times....
I must say, these two days I have been really busy and feel so motivated with my work. I think I'm due a sun-break now, so I'm off to the garden....

2 comments:

Jeanette said...

I do love your bird designs.

Ewa Mikołajczyk said...

I also love birds and graphic style :) you're very talented