Sunday, 11 July 2010

at least someone is busy


this just snapped in my garden on a balmy sunday evening after a perfect weekend away in the caravan with hubby and dog!! Yes, we have been away again, and it may be said we are turning into gypsies, never in one place too long, and hardly ever at home at the moment!! But it's great, we do feel slightly guilty at neglecting our gorgeous garden, but it seems to be doing just fine on it's own, and it's keeping the bees busy!!
Talking of being busy, I did gaze into the studio today and thought about how long it was since I was in there being busy, life just seems to have got in the way recently and I haven't made any new work for about four weeks. This realisation made me feel a little bit guilty. I spent my only day in there last week packing up orders and printing off work, which, even though this is a big part of a creative business, it is something that needs to be done, as well as all the creative stuff!! I have two days ear-marked for studio work this week, and I also have my first one-to-one mentoring session for the course I'm on. Looking forward to this very much, I'm hoping that it will give me some direction, and I think I've been lacking in that department for a while now!!

No comments: