Saturday, 17 July 2010

lots to think about



Yesterdays mentoring session was BRILLIANT!! It had given me lots and lots to think about, about my work, what I want, where I want it to go, and how I'm going to do it. I have a huge 'to-do' list which I'm going to tackle very soon but for now I'm just going to mull over some thoughts and will let you know what the outcome is. Very exciting stuff!!
This work above is what I've been playing around with and experimenting on in the studio this week. It's a new take on my textile landscapes, and it's a winter scene, from my holiday in Northumberland in Febuary this year. It's just a trial and error thing really to see how I can get the right kind of effects with the stitches and fabrics. Its good to try something a bit different!!

1 comment:

Karen Faulkner said...

I like these! Keep on sketching :)